1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pulehu Chapel, Maui!

Well I'm doing pretty good. Our week was awesome! We had 24 lessons (Goal=20) and ended up with 84 OYMs (Goal=70) it was awesome too!

My companion and I are doing pretty good. He likes to work and likes to teach. We are still striving to do our best to be obedient. A question for me is…am I being obedient because other people are or am I obedient because of my Savior. I can say that I have seen the blessings role in as I strive to do what I know I should regardless of what others may be doing. I am grateful.

We had zone conference this week! It was sweet, of course. We had a lot of good trainings. Most of which were on being a "Master planner" which is one of the things that we can improve on… is planning exactly what we want to do the next day. Elder Davies one of the Zone leaders also shared a poem that I have been trying to get a copy of and I will send it to you guys once I get it. I don't really know how to explain it so you will just have to wait. haha Anyways, the poem helped me a lot this week because it talked about how the savior went through the same things we do as missionaries and this week we, for some reason, had a lot of people that weren't exactly nice… haha and it was just kind of getting on my nerves. Like this one guy, we walked up to his house and knocked on the door and he got up and started yelling at us because we came to the back door not the front door... His house was sideways! That door was the first door you see when you walk to his house. His front door was around the corner behind some bushes. I had a lot of that kind of stuff so it helped me a lot not to worry about it.

As far as our investigators go, Kale was baptized last week but we couldn't confirm him. He was late to church because the people that bring him were late, but this week he got a ride with the bishop's wife so he was a half hour early! Haha… so we were able finally confirm him. Joe is still doing great! He loves church. He loves Scouts and He loves learning more about the Gospel. He even offers to do the prayers before we even mention anything. We now have a sweet hand shake too so I guess we are set when it comes to that. The 10 year old girl we are teaching is working through some things so, we have just been praying for her and her family.

Oh and Skye said you guys are going to 5k, I started running today for some exercise, just around our pad. We are on like a half acre and I went like 10 times around and was dying, haha, so we will be getting into shape together.

Hey you guys should look up the Pulehu Chapel because that is where I live and it is actually a pretty famous place for the church. George Q Cannon was the first missionary here in Hawaii and it started here on Maui :) look it up!

Well that is all for this week. I love my mission and I'm grateful for all of you and your support.

Elder Justin Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment