1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone, it's been a good week.  One of our investigators has a baptismal date now and he is so excited for it.  It’s on Christmas Eve!  He is the best.  He is this old, Italian guy with a strong Brooklyn accent.  I feel like I am part of the mob when I go to his house, haha.  He is a smoker of 50 years and has been trying to kick the habit.  His commitment date is Dec 3rd and I think he will make it.  He has really had a change of heart and is excited to be baptized.  He loves to talk to "Pop" as he says referring to Heavenly Father.  Even in his prayers he will say Pop haha.  We are excited for him!

Oh, we also had a surprise baptism!  Kaz got baptized this week and got ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood!  I love that kid.  He is super excited to pass the sacrament.  Man, he has come a long way.  He has had a super hard life but he seems to be doing alright.
 
How was dad's ride?  I really need to talk to the mule guy that is here.  Buzzy is his name, haha.  You guys should name a mule Buzzy. 

Thanks for sending the packages.  I haven't got them yet but looking forward to them!

I'm stoked for the Holidays, although we have 4 Thanksgiving dinners so far...  Holy cow.... I am going to be HUGE!   I think everybody still does the same traditional stuff here but I will let you guys know how it goes.  Someone in our ward gave us a little Christmas tree.  I'm absolutely excited about it too.  Me and Elder Maybon just sat and stared at it forever last night talking about Christmas memories.  It was the best.  Christmas just makes you happy and I dig it!

The good news is… The gospel is true (the funny part of that sentence is that "gospel" means good news... I think) ...  The good news is the good news is true... hmmm)  I can't believe I am going to talk to you guys soon... and then I only talk to you on the phone 1 more time before I talk to you face to face, haha, crazy stuff.
Have an ultra good day.  I am.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment