1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Day on Molokai!

Hey everyone, it has been a good week.  We did have 4 Thanksgiving dinners throughout the week and 2 of them were on Thanksgiving.  We spent those 2 with the Nakayamas (who we live with) and the Apuna's fed us dinner later on.  It was pretty much the same as at home.  Just the normal traditional stuff, although nobody does deviled eggs here which makes me pretty bummed, but it's all good they are all so awesome.  They take really good care of us, probably too good because I have gained so much weight, haha.  It was a little bit slow as far as the work goes with the holiday and what not but still really good.  On Thanksgiving Day we didn't have to proselyte so we went and played "touch" football with the Hoolehua ward.  I got crushed haha, and there is a nice scratch on my forehead from being clawed by a 300 lb Polynesian.  It was a good time!  I'm getting so stoked for the Holidays!  I think that we might all get to stay again.  We will see in about 2 weeks when transfers come.
 
We decorated our pad with Christmas stuff.  It's awesome and that air freshener you gave me is the best!  We put it behind our little fake tree so it smells like a real one.  I got all of your packages!  Thanks so much.  I'm stoked to see those videos and to listen to the music.
 
That's awesome that you are reading Jesus the Christ.  I love that book so much although it's really hard for me to get the energy to read it.  It seems like when I have time it feels good to not do anything, haha but I need to get back into it.  I still have like 150 pages left. 

Today we made some sweet wooden hook necklaces out of Koa wood which is a pretty expensive wood here.  Some guy in the other ward boundaries (nonmember) let us use his stuff to make them.  If we went out and bought them they would probably cost like 50 bucks.  They are way cool. 

Have you heard from Tyler?  He's probably super stoked that the resorts are open.  Man it's weird to think I could snowboard next year... 

Well I don't know if you remember me telling you about one of our investigators but he is the one trying to quit smoking.  He is doing really good.  We gave him some vitamin c and some orange juice to clean out his system.  We also gave him some scope to swish with.  He is so funny.  He keeps telling us that he has the heeby jeebies and doesn't really know what to do with himself.  We keep telling him that's the spirit! haha  He is so stoked about being able to get baptized and to be sealed with his wife who died a few years ago.  He is doing awesome.  He is supposed to be baptized on Christmas Eve.  I'm so excited! 

Well that's all for this week.  I love you guys.  Can't wait to talk to you on the phone! 

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment