1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Hello Everyone,  I can't believe there is still no snow over there... that's a bummer.  Well, I would think it was if it were me living there, haha.  There is still no snow here either.  I'm still hoping Heavenly Father will humor me and give us a white Christmas but it's not looking good haha.  Oh and Ty I totally feel for ya, I hated working mules in the winter.  0 degrees though?! That's crazy! 

I haven't got the packages you sent yet.  I might get them today.  We haven't checked mail.  I'm glad you guys enjoyed my package and the coconut, haha.  I will be sending a Christmas package too today.  Hopefully it gets there in time.
That's crazy about Isaac being home.  I don't know how I would handle coming home...  I can't even imagine that right now.  That's cool that he talked at Jareds farewell.  I hope I talk that confident when I get back, and sounds like he will probably giving his homecoming talk about the same time as me now, haha.

This week has been alright.  It's been kind of crazy with transfers and such.  Elder Maybon is gone and Elder Tripp is now here, he is so happy all the time and probably has the most energy I have ever seen!  He's cool.  He started in Ka'u like me so we had a lot to talk about.  It seems like everything is going pretty good. 

Elder Davis is doing good as the District leader.  He was kind of nervous about taking on the job. He is awesome though so he will do great.  We have been trying to find some new investigators lately.  Our teaching pool seems to be slowing down.   Our investigator that was going to be baptized on Christmas Eve didnt come to church again.  Man, I don't know what is going on, he was feeling so good before when he was coming and being active.  We are just trying to help him understand that again. 

We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday.  It was awesome.  They had dinner (of course) and then a talent show.  There are a lot of talented people here.  Most of them were kids too.  They have this thing here called "school of rock" which is pretty much the same as the movie.  One of the members teaches a bunch of kids how to play the all the instruments and they played at the talent show.  It was pretty cool.

Yesterday we had a ward fireside.  We watch 17 miracles.  I have seen it twice now and both times I had to stop my eyes from draining and to swallow the lump in my throat a million times, haha.  That movie is hard to get through.  It's amazing what people went through because they knew that this was the only true church.  They would die for it.  I know people say that all the time but that movie just helped it click in my mind.  I'm so grateful for those people and there example of selfless service and diligence in the gospel.

Well I love you guys and look forward to talking to you on Sunday!  

WHOOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will be calling about 3 or 4 utah time, I think.

Elder Justin Pincock 

No comments:

Post a Comment