1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Transfers! I am Staying on Molokai!!

Hey everyone!  I get at least one more transfer in Molokai!  I get to stay and I'm stoked!  Elder Maybon is the only one who is going, which is a bummer because he is the coolest and best district leader ever!  So now guess who is going to be the district leader… Elder Davis!  He doesn't know it yet but Elder Maybon told me, and he will be so good at it.
 
I'm going to be at one year officially this week!  That's still crazy to me.  I am half way already?  Although I found out something that I was kind of bummed about.  I won’t be able to be home for next Christmas because my last transfer won't end until December 27...  Lame right!  I will be out for 3 Christmas!  That's ok, I will have plenty more.  Hey sorry I haven't sent my memory card of pictures.  Every time I would go to send it something would distract me and I wouldn't be able to.  Now I let it go too long because now I am out of memory on both of them... whoops.  I will send them today (along with some b-day gifts for mom and Bronson) but please hurry and send one back ASAP.  I'm so bummed I missed out on the festivities for your birthdays, sounded pretty good though.  That Christmas party with the Mule friends sounded pretty wild! haha Man I miss Mel and Dona.  Tell them I said hello and thanks again for their huge contribution to my LIFE! That was a funny picture of Dona on the saddle!
That's good that you are still reading Jesus the Christ, mom.  Keep it up.  I did get that poem that Lisa sent.  It is really good, I hope I have a good dash.
 
As for our investigator with the Christmas Eve baptism date…he had a little bump in his life.  He didn't smoke or anything he is totally done with that.  But I guess he went and talked to the priest at another church to tell him he was going to get baptized (I don't know why people think that the priest is there dad or something)  but I guess the priest scared him a little bit and made him realize how big the decision was that he was making.  So he started questioning everything.  Well Sunday came and we hadn't seen him all week because we were at zone conference (a whole other story) but he didn't come to church which was weird because he hadn't missed a Sunday in months.  So both me and Elder Davis felt that we needed to go find him so we left church and went to his house.  He invited us in and told us this story and you could tell that he just didn't have the same spirit about him anymore.  He didn't have the glow, he wasn't smiling as much and it was because he was starting to second guess everything.  Well, me and Elder Davis started just talking.  We ended up teaching him about the Book of Mormon and helping him understand the importance of it and how it is the evidence of the truthfulness of this whole gospel.  He said he would read it and ponder and pray about it after we left.  We also reminded him of the cottage meeting we were having that night.  He said he would come.  He ended up being the only nonmember out of like the 10 that we invited to come.  It seemed that this meeting was for him only.  We started the meeting (by having dinner, of course) and then a lesson.  We went around and bore our testimonies and there were a few people who use to be his other religion so that helped a lot.  His baptism is sort of hanging on a limb right now, but we are still thinking he will be okay.

Now about zone conference…we were supposed to go on Wednesday but then our plane broke so we waited forever for them to fix it and then they couldn't even do it so they had to put us on a flight on Thursday night to Oahu to see a different zone conference there instead of Maui (our own zone)  It was kind of weird but it was fun to see other elders.

I'm out of time now, so… I love you guys.  Man it is always good to hear from you guys.  I love this Gospel and the way it can change people's lives and only for the better and all you have to do is try it out.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment