1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Aloha Everyone! Loved Zone Conference!

Aloha everyone!

It's been an awesome week.  To answer some of your questions, Valentines was good... I guess, haha, kind of just another day but thanks for that package.  I am a little more plump around the edges now but that's ok.  Those gym shoes are awesome! Sorry I forgot to say thanks last week.  I really like them.  Thank you so much.  It’s like they are already broken in.  That's cool that you talked to Sister Apuna.  She's the coolest.  You guys should probably be friends.  She reminds me of mom so much especially because she has a son on a mission so when she talks about him it makes me think of mom.  So the bedroom is coming around.  That's good news.  I still can't believe Andrew is coming home already! 

We had 5 investigators and sacrament on Sunday!  A few of them we thought were thinking had dropped off just randomly showed up!  It was crazy cool.  Except the sad part was only 2 of our 4 with a baptismal dates showed up.  That was a bummer.  Two of them were the ones we have been teaching for as long as I have been here and even longer than that and all of the sudden they decided to come to church and read the Book of Mormon.  It's awesome.  They are both excited to get baptized. 

So this last Tuesday was zone conference and it seems that there is always a story about zone conference in Molokai.  We had to wake up at 3:30am to catch the ferry on Tuesday morning.  We were dragging a little but we had a good zone conference.  Elder Gardner is an Assistant to the President now (or assistant president however you wanna look at it.) So he was at another one of my zone conferences, haha, he has been at most of my whole mission.  He gave an awesome training about commitments.  All of them were really good.  Well after zone conference was over (it went overtime of course) We had to book it down to the other side of Maui to Lahaina where the ferry was leaving.  We ended up missing it by minutes so we had to call the zone leaders to come get us because we took the Sister's car and they came and got it already so we were stranded.  It took The ZL's forever to get there so Elder Mafi spotted this tongan guy and went over there to talk to him and then he came back and the guy had given him 60 bucks!  Sweet, thank for our dinner! Then when the ZLs got there they only had room for 2 of us... So Elder Maughan and I had to stay.  We pretty much just cruised front street, the most touristy spot on the island, for like 2 hours.  It was fun though.  There were a lot of members there.  One of which bought us ice cream, haha.  It's a hard life.  Well long story short we didn't get picked up until like 9:45pm and didn't get to sleep until like 11:30... it was a long day.  Needless to say the next day we were dragging really bad. 

My companion is awesome.  We get along really well and work hard together.  I really want to stay another transfer because things are starting to pick up.  Plus the Elders here are awesome and I don't want to leave.  I think I may stay another because Elder Maughan has only been here for one transfer so President might keep me here one more.  I don't know though, but I hope. 

We started up basketball on Saturday nights.  This Saturday was awesome.  There was a bunch of people here.  Hawaii is cool because they bring their whole family to just come hang out and watch and cheer and such.  They call me the magic man. haha It makes me really wish I was tall though.  We tried to get one of our investigators to come but he didn't... hopefully next time.

Well that was my week.  It was good to hear from you.  I love you guys.  God is real.  Jesus paid the penalty for our sins. Joseph smith restored the power of God on the earth and established Christ's church once again.  I love this this knowledge.  I can’t wait to hear from you again. 

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment