1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Aloha Everyone!

Hello everyone. 

Well this week was pretty good.  We were able to help one of our investigators to get another baptism date set up.  She is set for march 17.  It was funny because on Friday when we taught her we planned to give her the 25th of Feb. We even set it for that day but when i was telling her that day it just didn't feel right but i went ahead and said it anyway.  After she agreed (sort of haha) and we left i talked to elder Maughan and he felt the same way.  We talked about it and decided it should be the middle of March instead.  So we went back on Saturday and talked to her.  We just asked her when she felt comfortable getting baptized to see where she stood and she said the middle of March haha.  So set it for the 17 and she is going to talk to her husband.  She has to write him a letter though so it might take a little while. 

We have another investigator that has another date as well.  She is set for march 31.  She still has to get married but her boyfriend is now coming to church and reading the book of Mormon on his own!  Those extra shirts you gave me came in handy because he needed one so i gave him one and a couple ties as well.  He's not taking the lessons yet but we invited him to sit in on Friday. 

We have Zone Conference tomorrow so we are going to Maui today!  I'm stoked to go back there.  Every single person has left since I have been there though.  But I’m stoked for conference.  I can't believe it's already that time again.  I feel like I just went.  It was funny because the last zone conference we went to Mililani's in Oahu and Elder Maughan was in that zone so I met him there and then the next transfer he was my companion.  He’s way cool though.  We get along really good.  He really just someone I would hang out with at home.  We are having a lot of success too.  This area is picking up again.  I hope I don't leave in 3 weeks!  I probably will since I have been here almost 6 months!  I don't know what I would do if I left.  If they sent me to the city I might freak out a little.  

We didn't go to the leadership training thing but apparently neither did any of our leaders, haha.  So they are showing it again next Sunday so we will probably go to it.  

Well I think that's it for this week.  I love you guys.  This gospel is true and God has a plan for every one of us.  I'm reminded of that pretty much daily out here.  He knows what he is doing.  

Elder Justin Pincock 

No comments:

Post a Comment