1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, March 28, 2011

This Week Went by Fast, Aloha Everyone!‏

Thanks mom for your email it was awesome! I love hearing your testimonies and thanks for that scripture, that is a good one.  I'm so grateful to have the family that I have.  I can't imagine what life would be like without you.  I'm am sooooo grateful for everything you do for me and I can't express how much i love you guys. 
 
It's ok about the package, but when you  do send it, I do need protein again.  You don't have to send bars I can get those here now but also I think I am going to have to take P90x from you guys, haha, sorry I need it!
Well it's good to hear that you all are doing good.  It has been an interesting week for this missionary.  No centipedes though haha! I went to Oahu for 2 days so they could give the new missionaries a training.  It was amazing.  It was about the 8 fundamental principals, which are just ways to help you study and teach better of course.  I got to see all my buddies from my MTC district! It was awesome! I love those Elders so much! It was cool to see what they have become, (not much different, except I noticed I wasn't the only one gaining a little weight!  haha).  Elder Brown had to stay here and go on an exchange with Elder Larsen one of the zone leaders.  He is way cool too.  He had served in Ka'u before for 6 months and was stoked to go back.  Then on Wednesday we had zone conference. I wasn't able to go back to my pad for 3 days! They really focused on the basics which is what I need to work on!  I love the Mission President.  He is one of the coolest people and perfect for his job.  He finally came down to Ka'u this week for the first time ever!  We showed him around our pad and the garden and the chapel.  He told us we should tell the bishop to set a new baptismal goal for this year because it is 5 right now and we will probably hit that next month! 
We are still hopeful that Candice will be baptized, I fasted for her and so did the whole relief society.  I have faith that Heavenly Father can make it happen, hopefully sooner than later though.  Her daughter Sierra is still going to be baptized this Saturday! Woohoo!  Good for her and when we taught her about tithing she pulled out 6 dollars and put it in an envelope, way cool!  The sad news is that when Kanani's mom learned of Bulu's baptism (they are brother and sister) she won't let Kanani get baptized for now.  Hopefully she will soften her heart.
   
Oh I almost forgot to tell you about what happened in Ocean View.  It is kind of a cool story.  We were on exchanges so I was with Elder Davis, who is pretty much one of my favorite people, haha, but we were tracting in Ocean View because Elder Brown doesn't like to tract there.  We do these things called windows to heaven, where we prayerfully pick a street to tract while planning at night and then pray the whole day to help us find who is in need on that specific street.  We got to this street and the second house we come to a lady is standing outside and invites us in!  No one does that in Ocean View, they usually just threaten us with their dog or something, haha.  We went in there and started to talk to her and she said she was wondering why it took us so long to find her.  She asked if someone from the ward had told us she was there and we were like... nope.  It is really weird because she has this phobia of going outside her house, even just on the porch and she happened to come out just in time to see us and invite us in.  Also that day, she had a kid named John over there to help her clear a spot in her home for people to sit, she is kind of a hoarder.  It was way cool!  I'm not sure if she will accept the gospel because she believes in weird things and is a feminist so she doesn't like the Priesthood.  I don't like it when people think of the Priesthood like it is a rank or something.  I'm not any better than someone who doesn't have the Priesthood.  It is only used to serve others not me. Anyway I think we might try to teach the kid, John, too.  I'm not sure why yet, but we were supposed to be there.
 
Again, I am so grateful for what you all do for me and I am so grateful to have been born in this Gospel and be able to accept it.  I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to help others find it, as well.  It is such fullfilling work and I love it even though it's hard, just like every missionary says.  I know that the Priesthood is real and still can't believe that God would trust someone as insignificant as me to have his permission to use his power! This is the only true church.  It is the same as when Christ was on the earth and we are doing the same work also.  I hope you all keep CLINGING to that iron rod because the alternatives, even though they might seem good at one point, will never bring the happiness that this Gospel brings.  I love you all. 
 
...  thank you, i'll be here all week....  hahaha <-- funny joke
 
Elder Missionary (Pincock)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment