1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's P-Day?! Again?!

How's everyone?

Thanks for the email mom and you know how I told you I was going to focus on the positive not the negative? Well, Heavenly Father has been testing me to see if I really would. Haha. It has been a hard couple of weeks, but it's all good I guess.  I have learned a lot and I am very thankful for that, I really am.  I'm pretty sure I will be leaving next transfer, although that is not for another 4 weeks. 

Lucky Turner family! I wanna go to Oceanside, even though I kinda am,  I hope they had fun.  How was Hailey's talk, did she give it yet?
 
That's funny about dad and Mike finding their way into that canyon, but let’s be honest, it's not too surprising, haha.  I miss mule riding without an actual trail.  How we find some of those places still blows my mind.  How are the mules doing?  How's cooper? haha

Life in Ka'u is still good. The people are still awesome and I get closer to them every day which makes me sad because I most likely will be leaving this next transfer.  We still haven't found any new investigators for a while.  Our mission president says he wants us to meet our goal for vision 100 in May.  That is the goal the whole mission has to baptize 1 person a month.  He gave us three things to make sure that it happens.  The first one is to be exactly obedient, which of course, I have to been trying to do.  The second thing was to find two new investigators a week.  Holy Crap!  If we could do that it would be awesome!  The third thing was to visit more  of the less active/part member families and ask them if they want to take the lessons.  I'm trying hard to stick to these 3 things so we can be able to meet our goals. 

Candice is still doing good but is not getting baptized yet.  Kanani stopped coming to church but hopefully we can help her back on track.  Candice's daughter Sierra is still awesome and still loves church.  That is it as far as the work.  We are having a hoe down this Saturday! Haha Hopefully people bring some non-members to that.  Jerome Tayamen, the guy that feeds us every Monday, is going to Hulihuli a pig.  That’s where they put the pig on the fire and rotate it.  I'm stoked about that! Haha. 
Guess what I did this week.  Remember when we would go camping and we would make ice cream with chocolate milk and you put it in a baggie with ice? Me and Elder Brown did that and it was awesome!  We also did a second attempt today at Diet Coke and Mentos, haha, it went way higher! I will have to send you the video.  Elder Brown thinks he can still get it higher though.  Stand by for round 3 of Diet Coke and Mentos.

Mom you asked how often we have zone conference… Well we have only had it once since I've been here.  I’m not sure how much they usually have it. We had it in Waimea. 

Well that is it I think for this week.  Thanks for everything.  The church is definitely true.  I'm so grateful for my brother Jesus Christ and the complete unconditional love he has for me personally, as well as everyone else.  When I think of his atoning sacrifice it just amazes me that he would voluntarily go through everyone’s pains and hardships just for the chance that they might make it back to our Heavenly Father.  I can't imagine being Heavenly Father and letting my kids come down here knowing that I might not see them again.  That is one motivating reason why I am out here,  it’s to try to get to those who might not have made it back to Heavenly Father's arms otherwise.  I love him and I love my earthly family so much.  Thanks for everything.

Elder Justin Pincock  (it's getting weirder and weirder writing my first name)

No comments:

Post a Comment