1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Alright, first off, the mother's day call!  I'm not sure when we are going to call yet but I will let you know.  We have free weekend minutes so I can just call you from my phone.  If I will be calling from a different number I will let you know. 

Thanks for sending the package. I haven't received it yet but don't worry about the protein thing.  I bought balance bars and muscle milk, so I am good for a couple weeks.  No worries. 

You did actually tell me about Jakes baby but that's still kinda weird to me, haha.  Sounds like a fun dinner at Gina's though. 

Sounds like you are all doing pretty good.  I'm always praying for your real estate stuff to work out.  I will continue to do that :)

As for me, things are going alright.  Still no new investigators but we are still burning through the less active/part member list to try to find some people to teach.  A couple families have agreed to let us come teach them this week so we will see how it goes. 

We had a pretty awesome Easter.  On Saturday we had two parties to go to.  The first one was in the morning at 10.  So me and Elder Brown thought we'd be fashionably late and show up at like 10:30.  Well, we were wrong, haha, we were still like 2 hours early.  We are still trying to get use to Hawaiian time.  It was crazy though!  It was Malie Kaapuni's mom’s party (remember the 11 year old girl we baptized a while ago).  She had over 500 Easter eggs for like 15-20 kids!  Then she didn't just have little cheap candies in the eggs.  There were little slips of paper inside that said like Skittles or Hershey's or whatever and then you go over to her and redeem the egg and she gave them full size candies!  She had so much candy and sooooo much food.  I think she could have fed twice as many people than was there (there were like 40 people there).  I, of course, gained weight this week, but will be good again this next week.  The next party was the Hoe Down.  It was way fun, although, we didn't get to dance because we are missionaries.  The pig was so good, it took like 7 hours to make.  Jerome is such a good cook.  I took a ton of pictures at that party so you should be excited for those. Haha There were a good amount of people, probably like 30 and 1 couple who were non-members! We weren't able to get there number but their names are Mike and Heather, haha weird right? Our goal, Vision 100, isn't really working for us yet, but it will come.  

Pakalana's family did an great job in sacrament meeting.  They are an awesome family.  Brother Phillips apparently used to be a musician and has an awesome voice.  All of their talks were very good.  

I did get your letter about Elder Donaldson, it was fun and pretty unexpected, but yeah I know who he is but I have only talked to him like once for like a couple seconds.  Our area is way out here, haha.

Well, I think that is all for today.  I still really love this place and I am afraid I might have to leave in a couple of weeks.  I love everyone here.  They are all so nice.  I'll be back though for sure!  I love you all so much and I pray for you all the time. 

Elder Pincock
Pigeon word of the week:  “Ono” as in, “Choke ono grinds”.  Translation:  “lots of really good food”, haha, “ono” means “really good”.

No comments:

Post a Comment