1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Subject=Mission in Ka'u

Hello Everyone! Another week is gone, holy cow!  I hit my 5 month mark this transfer! That's crazy to me! I can't believe Jeremy Adams has already been out a year, that's way cool too.  It sounds like everything is going pretty good at home, good to hear. 

Oh, mom you asked if I had been to the Kona temple, I totally forgot to tell you last week but yeah I did get to go! It was awesome! It's really small and simple, it's just in a circle at the end of the street and there is a house right next door.  They're not even members, how is that even possible! haha  It was a very awesome experience though.  The temple always reminds me of you guys.  That scripture you mentioned D&C 121:7-8 about enduring well is awesome, I love it.  

This week was pretty quiet although we did confirm Sierra a member and so that was cool.  Hopefully we will get to do others soon.  I just can't tell you how much I love these people in Ka'u!  There are so many good people and they are so friendly.  Well most of them, haha, we do meet some people while out tracting that are not too big of fans of us, haha.  Oh, I think I got a record for how many times offered a beer on one street, it was 3!  I don't know why but I guess it was party Sunday yesterday.  I don't think thats a very good Sabbath day activity, but what do you do?...You teach them the gospel, that's what you do!  Although maybe later when they can tell what is going on, haha. 
  
This week we have really been focusing on the part member and less active member families.  We were thinking maybe if we can get them activated then they will lead us to others who are also ready for the gospel.  We were able to pick up our numbers a little bit too this week.  I feel like Elder Brown and I are doing better and able to work a little harder together too.  I decided to start thinking more positive and it has helped a lot. 

I'm not really sure what to write about this week.  Oh, my new district leader is stuck in Oahu because he lost his ID so we have been without a district leader for a while.  Elder Davis, the other Elder in our District hasn't had a companion for a while either, haha, he has been in Hilo with some other Elders in our zone.  Elder Davis is awesome.  I love going on exchanges with him.  He is such a humble person plus he's hilarious! I hope I can serve with him sometime. 

Mother's Day calls are coming up! Woohoo! That's going to be way weird, haha.  I'm not sure how it works.  I will get back to you on that next week.  You should probably remind me though again next week.

I had a pretty cool scripture study the other day.  I read about the stripling warriors, which is always a good story but later that day I got Brady Berry's letter that talked about how he had read the same thing. It was how he had been feeling kind of down but after he read it he saw that he should look at the glass half full.  That was really what I needed at that time because I was really bugged about a few things and that's when I decided to stop feeling so negative and to just buck up and get over the little things and be positive.

Well I'm sorry it's such a short letter this time, just same stuff this week not much else.  I love everyone.  Thanks for everything you have done for me. I miss you guys.  Alohas!

Elder Justin Pincock

PS. We will go with the pigeon word, “Shoots”. It’s what you say after someone says something you agree with. Like if we were talking and I said “alright, have a nice day” and you would say “shoots”. It’s like what you say when you are about to leave a conversation.

Well that’s all for now. Shoots, den (“den” means “then” but they say it like “den”). Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment