1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Could Be My Last Week in Maui??

Hey family and all other who read this…

Sounds like it was a good week, once again I start all of my letters like that.  Mom, yes we might have warn the funny glasses in the package for a period of time, haha! Thanks a lot I was stoked for that package. 

That's funny about that guy here that emailed you a picture huh, haha.  He is quite wealthy...  He lives pretty much across the street from the beach and owns a zipline on big island so if I get to go back there again I might be able to do it for free! it's crazy cool!  He lives in Paia which is the north side of the big part of Maui.  That's pretty much where all the hippies/haolis live, haha.  He is a really nice guy though.  We didn't even know he lived there we were just tracting on his steet and he answered the door.  We were like I know you from somewhere, haha.  Tracting was kind of hard that day because two days before I sprained my ankle because we went down this hill to see a goat and I slipped on my way down...  I get hurt in the dumbest ways.  Elder Allen and Elder Workman pretty much just made fun of me.  But really I deserved it, lets be honest. 

Transfers are coming up again next week.  We find out on Sunday and leave Wednesday.  I think I am out of here.  I think I am going to Oahu this time...  Not sure what to think of that.  But I'll let you guys know next week how that goes. 

I got the package with the memory card in it.  There were no videos on it...  Or maybe they just wouldn't play for me but i wasn't able to see them...  Bummer!  I miss my Max a ton

You guys are starting the remodeling?! sweet!  Did I tell you we were tiling this guys house?  haha We did some demolition and now we are putting down the tile.  So glad I was able to see dad do all those things.  I really can't wait to remodel my own house.  That's really funny that we guys are fighting to stay in that little house.  But I really think I would be sad if I came back to a different one.  I don't quite understand.  I guess it will be a little different.  Maybe a little nicer, haha.
 
Our pad is pretty funny.  It is slowly being sucked down into the earth.  If you look at the inside everything is way tilted and our fridge kind of looks like it is going break through the walll and fall out.  It is tilting back and our microwave is on top of it pushed to the back so I feel like a small child when I have to use it.  Elder Workman makes fun of me because he is like 8 feet tall, haha. 

Again this was a slow week for missionary work...  A really slow week.  That was kind of our fault too though.  We had a lot of things going like zone conference and whatnot which bytheway was awesome.  I love zone conference.  I think I tell you that every time too.  It helps so much with the work and helps motivate me again when things aren't going as good as I would like them too.  The leadership in this mission is awesome.  One of our zone leaders, Elder Davies, is going home and we are all pretty bummed about it.  And I have told you guys a ton that I love our mission president and his wife.  They are awesome and are always looking out for us. 

We also had our movie night on Saturday.  We had 2 nonmembers come!  Hopefully we can get over there and teach them.  One of them seemed pretty open.  They came with their friend who is a member who just moved in to the ward.  Hopefully we can get teaching them soon. We are also teaching another girl who probably should have been baptized a long time ago but keeps telling the missionaries she is not ready.  We had a super spiritual lesson about baptism on Friday but she just won't commit.  She is afraid to make a mistake.   And we have told her many times that she WILL! haha and that's why she needs to be a member so she can be forgiven of those mistakes.
 
Well that is pretty much it for the week.  I hope you liked this email better than the last one.  Sorry about that.  Love you guys.  The church is true and there is no way that it couldn't be.  I love being a missionary and encourage you guys to help those in need of this Gospel. 

Elder Bigbear

No comments:

Post a Comment