1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aloha Again!

Hey family and friends…How are you all?  Thanks for the packages mom they were awesome!  The jaw harp didn't really work though, so I was pretty bummed about that.  I'm glad you guys liked the pictures!  My favorite video is when Elder workman is telling the story about the hamster, haha, that story is true! 

Things are a little slow still.  We are working really hard but not much is happening.  I am worried that our ward mission leader thinks we just don't do anything, but he is wrong.  The bishop has even called me in to meet with him because he could tell I am a little stressed these passed couple weeks because not much was happening and I am trying to help Elder Workman be a good missionary but it's kind of hard when we can't really find many people to teach, frustrating.  The bishop was very nice though and wanted to make sure I knew if we needed anything, we could just call him.
 
A couple of things happened… the first one… we hit a deer! Crazy, huh? I'm pretty sure it was Bambi all grown up too.  We didn't hit it very hard and it just rolled over got up and ran away. I wondered if we could have found it if we could have taken it to Bro. Koholaa’s and he could have cooked it up for us, haha.  It didn't do much to our car, just kinda pushed the grill in a little bit but we just snapped it back out.  It was a buck too!  …. Then the second thing…. We did demolition work on somebody’s house, haha.  We broke down walls and such and then we started doing the tile.  It felt good to do that stuff again, you know… man stuff, hahaha! 

I would have to say that the Highlight of the Week was to see Joe pass the sacrament!  I'm pretty sure that is how I will feel to see my son pass the sacrament for the first time too!  It was a real good feeling.

I'm really not sure what else to write about anymore, so I will bear my testimony.  I'm so grateful for the trials I go through on my mission because I know that Heavenly Father is just shaping me into something I will be later in this life or in the eternities.  I love being a missionary as I have said many times.  I can't believe I am almost at 9 months.  It doesn't feel like that long.  I'm so grateful for my Savior and for the chance I have to stand in his place for two years to do the things he needs done.  I know that I might not understand all the time of why I am doing some things but I know that if he asks me to then it has to be right and for good.  I also know that the living Prophet, President Monson, is the spokesperson for God and is unable to lead us astray.  We can never go wrong with following the prophet.
 
I love you all, thanks for your support!
Elder Pincock

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have been doing a good job about getting the message out there. You are in our prayers. So keep up the good work. And Max is going great. Your dad brought him to the reunion and he look great. He is taking good care of him for you. We missed you at the reunion but we know you are where you are suppose to be right now.

    Love you
    Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete