1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Love Molokai!

Hey everyone.  How are you all doing this week?  My week has been awesome.  I love Molokai.  I guess I will just start from the beginning of the week.  Tuesday I just said bye to everyone in Maui and the last stop of that day was the Kaholoaa Family (Bro Kaholoaa is from Molokai so I will probably see him soon, haha).  They were awesome!  They are definitely one of my favorite families to visit.  Sister Kaholoaa's sister was the one we were teaching who was not ready to commit to baptism yet.  When we were there saying goodbye at their house, we were talking about baptism and she seemed really close to committing.  So then I left and came to Molokai.  I rode the ferry to Molokai and I got really wet but that's beside the point…  Turns out that the day after I arrived in Molokai, Elder Workman calls and tells me she committed to baptism! We taught her a bunch and she decides to commit the week after I leave?  It's ok though, as long as she is getting baptized, I'm stoked.  Elder Workman called me today and told me she passed her Baptism interview and will be baptized next week.  Awesome!  This whole past week I have been trying to figure out how I could get over there… I think I am going to have to swim...no…  but I think i can make it... maybe... her Uncle is coming from Molokai to confirm her.  I'll just come with him... that would work probably if there wasn't a large ocean in the way.  Oh well, it’s all good.  So that is the story that made my whole week!

Anyway Molokai is awesome!  And guess who my comp is…Elder Davis!  He was in my district on big island!  He is awesome and loves to work!  The people here are the best.  Everyone knows everyone and they are so nice and wave all the time.  It's a lot like Ka'u but is its own island.  We have set a goal for 7 baptisms for October and I think we will make it.  We have 4 for sure and there are a few other kids who are pretty much ready.  The rest of my District is awesome as well.  Our District Leader is Elder Maybon from Boise Idaho and his comp is Elder Mafi from Tonga.  There are both hilarious and I'm stoked to be able to serve here with them.  I'm taking a lot of pics so I will probably send those soon. 

Oh and I need to tell you about Molokai hot bread...  Ok imagine this…  You are careening down the slopes of a cream cheese icing mountain on a sleigh made of the best bread in the universe and you run into a cinnamon patch and it dusts your sleigh with the perfect amount of cinnamon…then you eat your sleigh and it is kind of like fireworks exploding in your mouth...  And that is how it feels to eat Molokai hot bread!  It’s so good, except it is a little strange when you buy it because you have to go down this dark ally, and it doesn't open until 8:30 PM, and you order through the window of this old building and they go and make it and then give it to you.  It's the best.  You guys really need to try it someday haha.
 
So that is my week.  It was a good one.  I look forward to hearing from you guys again!

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment