1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, October 3, 2011

I Love General Conference!!

Hey, what's up family and friends reading this… How's it?  Molokai is awesome!  The people are the best! 

Our teaching is going pretty good.  We are teaching some good lessons.  We have like 4 maybe 5 baptisms pending, our goal is 7 for the month of October.  It's gonna be awesome when we get it.  My comp Elder Davis is an awesome missionary and I am happy to work with him.  He loves the work and genuinely wants to help these people. 

Our District is sweet!  Elder Maybon is an awesome district leader.  He's only been out like 7 months and Elder Davis has been out a year last week. 

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!  It's so weird to me that I love it so much.  It's like Christmas.  It is pretty much Heavenly Father speaking to us and telling us what we need to do to live better lives.  It always gives me the extra pick up that I need and gets me motivated again to do the work.  "We are being raised in enemy territory" but "LUCIFER WILL LOSE"! haha,  Love it.  You asked me about what times we watch it here in Hawaii and the first session starts at 6am and the second session is at 10am.  We had to get up pretty early, but it was worth it.  

So our house is set in stone (no pun intended).  That's awesome.  Is it weird that I am glad that I get to come back to that little old house?  I think it is.  Dad sold the gray mule?  Well guess what… there are a bunch of mules here on Molokai somewhere.  Some guy uses them to take people down to Kaulapapa, the leper colony (yeah you read that right).  I think we are going down there soon.  But we probably will just hike down.  I'm pretty sad about that, but maybe I will be able to meet that guy.   

So it's getting colder...  Man I miss snow, snowboarding mostly.  I can't believe it is already October.  So is Andrew coming home in 4 months?!  Wow!  That's crazy. 

Well sorry it's another short one this week.  Love you guys.  You are awesome!

I'm so grateful to be on a mission and grateful to be in Molokai.  I'm grateful to be able to serve Jesus Christ.  It is the very least I could do for him compared to what he did for me.  

Later,

Elder Pincock 

No comments:

Post a Comment