1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, May 7, 2012


AALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAA!

I just wanted to start by saying thank you to my wonderful parents. Those were both very inspirational emails. They helped a lot. Mom you have always been great example of just being happy and excepting people the way they are. I needed that. And Dad I needed that extra motivation to write in my journal because at the end of the day it isn't exactly on the top of my list, haha, but I plan to write every day this week!

This week has been really good. We now have 2 investigators with a baptism date. Our new one is and 11 year old girl. Her family is less active and her mom isn't a member. Hopefully she can get everyone on track. We taught her the commandments with all the hand signs. They said that we could set the 26th as a goal but they weren't sure about it so we just have to build their confidence and faith a little bit. Well maybe alot.

I don't know if you remember this story but we taught a girl about 3 weeks ago and haven't seen her since. We called her on Saturday and left a message and asked if she was coming to church. She didn't call back so I didn't think she was coming. We were sitting in Waipiolani's sacrament when Bro. Meyer, from Mililani 1st, came and told us there was a lady that came to church that said we had invited her. SHE CAME! It was awesome. We had fast and testimony meeting and there was like 6 kids that got up. She started tearing up. When she came to Sunday School (yes she even stayed for Sunday School) the lesson was on the spirit and she said that when she feels the spirit her eyes get teary. She even recognized that it was the spirit! She is awesome and is really interested.   We will probably see her on the weekend.

We weren't able to see our other investigator that has a baptism date. I think her family member has cancer or something so she is taking care of that. I feel so bad for her. She wants to follow Christ but there are so many things blocking her way.

The zone is looking up. There is a lot of success here lately. We all kind of had to change our mindset that this was a slow zone and just go to work. We are seeing a lot of good come out of that.

Well that is all for this week. I love you. I love being a missionary. It's going way too fast. Even though sometimes it seems slow, haha, then I realize that another month is gone! It's hard to keep up haha. Talk to you on Sunday about 6 or 7 your time!

Elder Justin Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment