1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All is Well Here in Ka'u

Well to answer your questions, my companion is from Orem and he has been out 5 months now I think. This is the only area he has served in too so he knows the island pretty well.  I am starting to figure out where I am.  It was weird at first because I didn't even know where north or south was. Haha! I am figuring it out though.  Oh and don't worry i will have plenty of pictures for you.  We went to south point which is the most southern part of the US and I got some awesome pictures of the ocean.  We are going to go back today because the whales are coming in so I might have some pictures of whales!
As for my experiences, we have two investigators with a baptismal date.  One girl, who is 11 and is super excited to be baptized (her mom is a member but is less active so we are working on her too) and another girl who is 13 and has been taking the lessons for a year.  We finally got the reason that she was waiting to get baptized.  Every time we would ask her she would just say I’m not ready or I don't know enough but finally she told us.  So we just told her of the blessings that she will get if she does get baptized and told her to pray again to find an answer to see if she should get baptized. So we will see what happens. 

It is getting easier to teach, I learn so much every day.  It's weird to think I have already been here for two weeks but it also seems like it has been a long time just because I have been doing so much stuff.  One thing I have been working on is teaching people not lessons.  I have been trying to teach with the spirit.  One thing that has helped me is when I was in the MTC we watched a talk by Elder Bednar who was talking about receiving personal revelation and the first thing he said was to stop worrying about it and it will come.  All my life in school and stuff they ask you to use your head and really think about things but then i come here and I have to stop thinking, Haha! I just have to listen and open my mouth.  Hopefully, I will get that down soon.

Oh and I did get Isaac’s email. I don't need a bike.  We drive a car everywhere because it is the biggest area in the mission!  We are out in the boonies!  We are a good hour and ten min from the nearest Walmart! Haha. But we do have a little store about 30 min away that we can go to.  It's so nice here though.   Na'alehu where I live is a little town kind of like Cedar Fort where everyone knows everyone and they are pretty much all related. Haha!
I placed my first Book of Mormon! I kind of stole Elder Gardners chance because he was talking most the time but I did bear my testimony and explained the Book of Mormon and he took it but he said he didn't really want to read it right now but he did like the message we gave him.  We will have to go back to see him.
Thanks for sending all the protein and stuff.  I haven't got it yet but it might come today.
Well, thanks for everyone's support. I love you all. Hopefully someday I can show you this place. 
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment