1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Update from the Big Island

Thanks everyone for the letters and Hey thanks mom for the protein! I finally got it. I am almost out of protein bars again though.  I can pick a different kind up at Walmart if you don't want to have to send them so let me know.  Oh and before I forget I figured out that I can do insanity and P90x!  Well I can't do P90x because I don't have weights but will you buy me insanity?  You can use my card if you want. 
That's so great about your surprise visitor and text.  Also, I did know Tiarra was going to Tennessee again. Hope she does well.  She will probably be some huge star by the time I get back. 
How did dad's ride go?  He is going to have to take me on some rides when I get home. I am going to be so behind!  Hopefully with Cooper too! Haha

I'm doing great here in Ka'u.  Elder Gardner and I try to stay busy and work hard.  I'm so glad to have a companion who likes to work hard, even though we are both still learning. Haha.  Which reminds me, we had an assistant come out to Ka'u and stay with us for a couple of days.  It was awesome because he taught us so much in those 2 days. It pretty much changed our mission.  His name is Elder Biggs.  He really helped us to figure out how that the lessons don't always have to go as planned.  We are just supposed to go there and figure out what that particular investigator needs and help them out with it.  We had a couple kinds of weird lessons where we went in and didn't even cover what we had planned, we just listened to the spirit and opened our mouths.  It was an awesome experience.  This week me and Elder Gardner have been trying to really figure out why the Lord wants us in this place.  What exactly do we have that he wants us to utilize? So we have been trying to step out of our comfort zone and make mistakes so we can figure it out.  Elder Gardner learned to not tell me how to do things so much too because he now knows that he isn't teaching me to become him he is teaching me how to use my talents and characteristics which has helped me a lot to be more confident in what I say and do. 

We had an interesting experience while tracting, it seems like that's when we get the most "interesting experiences" Haha.  We walked up to the house, knocked on the door and a guy answered and just sat there and stared at us...  So I continued to tell him what we were and why we were there.  And then I asked him if he was religious and he replied "well in fact I am completely atheistic."  You probably can guess where this is going to go, haha.  He continued to rebuke us about how stupid it was to believe that some fairy in the sky saved us all and we would live with him some day.  He had no intention from the start to listen to us and I don't think he has really listened to anyone in his life.  Everyone was wrong but him.  So me and Elder Gardner just sat there and pretty much let him talk.  I never thought I was the bible bashing type but when someone is pretty much calling you stupid for what you believe it's hard not to prove him wrong. Haha, but I did keep my cool and after he was done ranting we just said well obviously you are not going to change your mind so have a nice day and we left.  But the best part was after we left one of his friends came up the driveway and we were next door.  We overheard him boasting to his friend about how he just gave us an awesome lecture and how he missed out, Haha. He was so proud of himself.  Well, at least we made someone feel good about themselves.  He will figure it out sooner or later, Haha.

Well that is my update for this week.  Oh, mom if you could find my camera USB cord and send it that would be great.  Thanks again for the last package.  That apex stuff actually tastes pretty good and I was in desperate need of more socks, so thanks for that too!
Love you all very much.  Keep sending letters and whatnot. 

Elder (insert name of choice)

No comments:

Post a Comment