1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wow! My first Transfers are next week!

INSANITY!!!!!  Haha so glad I got that. I have lost 3 lbs! I love it.  Elder Gardner did insanity with me once but hasn't done it again since.  Maybe he'll come around.  Those Apex cookie things were actually pretty good.  My favorite one was the peanut butter one.  The seasonings are awesome too. Thanks a lot and good call on the small dvd player because I figured out that we can't use our mission one for anything else but to watch mission stuff, so awesome.

Our first baptism is today!  She is 9 and a way cute little girl, really smart too.  She is related to the one who knows that person who went to Keith’s mission.  Was it Keith? I don’t remember but they are the nicest family. Pretty much every generation is here in Ka'u,  Haha.  Which reminds me, are we related to a Jen Pincock who served a mission in Ka'u? Because there are a few people who loved her and ask me if I am related and I have no idea, haha.

I have to tell you about the most spiritual lesson I have had yet!  I don't know if I told you but we are teaching an investigator and she is doing really good.  She is super motivated to change and get baptized but she is getting married. Her baptismal date is March 12. Pretty quick for a marriage, huh? But she is awesome, one of the coolest people here.  Anyway, we have been teaching her but the first day Elder Gardner and Elder Paulsen taught her (I wasn't there. We were on exchanges. Dang it!) She had a relative just sitting in the room who made it very clear that she wasn't interested but by the end of the lesson she was at the table with them and eating up every word they said.  So now we have been teaching her too.  Yesterday we taught her about Joseph Smith and the restoration and the Book of Mormon.  This is the awesome part...  You could tell that every word we said she was actually listening too, and she would even ask questions and participate!  We watched a movie about the first vision and it was super powerful.  After that we had the Bishop, Recede and the girl we were teaching bore their testimonies.  Oh i forgot to tell you that we had the Bishop and Recede come who is thinking about serving a mission.  Anyway they all bore their testimonies and then we read Moroni 10: 3-5 which talks about praying to know with real intent if the Book of Mormon is true. After we read that we didn't even have to ask her, she just said so if I want to know if this is true I have to pray and have a reason behind it.  NOBODY JUST JUMPS IN AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE FIRST TIME.  Well at least I had never seen anyone really understand it without us having to explain the "real intent" part but she did. Her prayer was awesome!  She asked if it was true and you could tell she felt like she was talking to an actual person.  She also asked him to just help her to smile once in a while, hahaha, that is funny because she doesn't very often so me and Elder Gardner always try to get one out of her. It was awesome and with the bishop there it made it even more spiritual, then with Recede there it pretty much confirmed his decision on going on a mission and it also strengthened the girls testimony that we were teaching!  Elder Gardner also gave the relative his little sisters Book of Mormon that she sent him with her testimony in it.  They are both around the same age so he thought it would be a good gift.  He even broke down and was crying when he gave it to her! I have never seen him cry which also made the girl we are teaching cry.  It was awesome!  Well, that was my highlight of the week so I will now answer your questions.


Q) I added new site like Alan’s and will update both of them as this one has a message board that may be easier for some people to leave a note… http://www.missionsite.net/elderjustinpincock.


A) I don't really know if I'm allowed to look at my blog but I will let you know if I get further info on that.

Q)Did you get the package with the T-shirt?
A)Yeah I got it, that shirt actually fits pretty good. Thanks.


Q)Do you still have a baptism today?
A)As for the baptism, it is later today in the chapel.


Q)Favorite Scripture to share this week?
A)The scripture I would like to share is Enos 1:27.  I just hope Jesus says this to me when I get there.


Q)Things you are thankful for in Hawaii?
A)I am thankful for good weather, haha, and nice people (for the most part) and a companion who works hard even though we don't really think the same sometimes, haha.


 Thanks again for everything and everyone's support. Love you and I'll talk to you next week!  I might be getting a new companion!


 Elder Pincock

1 comment:

  1. Vickie, he just inspires me! I'm such a lucky girl to have both Justin & Andrew out on missions. They help my testimony grow so much, and help me through this hard time with Brady being gone! Will you tell Justin thank you for me!?

    ReplyDelete