1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, February 28, 2011

First Couple Days Trying to Lead this Place...Not so great...

Well mom you asked how it is going in beautiful Hawaii...  Well I don't really know because I'm not really in beautiful Hawaii. The part I am in pretty much just looks like Idaho... haha and when you tell me I'm not missing anything and then tell me there are tons of snowstorms then it kind of makes me think I am! haha I think you forget I like snow alot!  That's crazy about Colten Robb's mission president! Everyone asks me here if I played rugby for them because I tell them I'm from Highland Utah. 
As for my new companion, his name is Elder Brown and he is from Boise Idaho. He has been out about 6 months. He was actually Elder Gardner's comp in the MTC. Weird right?  He just came from north shore Kaui! I believe that is where Jurassic Park is currently. So if you wanted to know about beautiful Hawaii you'd better talk to him.  He towers over me at 6'6"!  We look ridiculous walking next to each other, haha. 
The teaching isn't going as well as it was. We had a lot of lessons cancel but Candice and Kanani are still doing very well.  Kehau decided to get baptized!!! I was so excited! She has been taught for about a year and right when Elder Gardner leaves and she decides she is going to do it! Her baptism will be this week, I think.  Malie also is getting baptized this week but she is getting baptized outside our area so we wont be able to go.  Kind of sad about that but they are going to send pictures.  Me and Elder Brown have been kind of struggling with the work though this past couple days because he doesn't know anyone or where anything is and I just flat out don't know what I'm doing. Haha,  I am realizing the importance of detailed planning because we have had so many cancellations.  I can definitely see how the Lord is teaching me that certain skill, haha.  It is getting better though. Hopefully this week will be even better. Hopefully we can get back on track again.
I did get your package with the memory card in it. Thanks.  I think I am going to be good on apex protein for a while, I will let you know when to send some more but I will probably need more bars in like a week, I think.  I found somewhere like Costco in my area and I don't even need a membership! It's called Cost You Less. I was very happy, haha, you could send the LDS magazines if you want, that would be nice just to have something else to read.
I am getting the dear elders.  I love to hear how everyones missions are going.  I like it when you send me Jeremy's too as a dear elder just in case I don't have time to read it on here in email.  I look forward to Ryan's.  Tell Parker congrats! and Sorry I haven't been able to shoot him a letter yet. Hopefully I will have time today.  But that is soooo awesome! When does he leave again?
We went back to the lava flow this morning to show the new elders. It was pretty cool. We also hiked over to the ocean next to the lava. Sooo pretty.  I guess that part of my area is beautiful, haha. 
That's great about your scripture reading and lessons!! It helps so much!  I don't even know how I would function without it anymore, especially while I'm on my mission, of course.  I agree with the music thing for studying lessons but they don't let us do that while we study.  I love that thing about the peacemakers too! Love you, thanks for the email and thanks everyone who has kept me in their prayers.  There is no way I could do this without you.  Sorry I don't really have any super exciting experiences for you today, I'm just still trying to figure this place out. 
Elder Pincock

1 comment: