1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, February 7, 2011

We taught 22 lessons this week! Our goal was 20!

Thanks for sending all that stuff. I haven't received it yet but hopefully it will help me shed a few lbs of fat! Haha! Elder Gardner eats ten times worse than me and still looks fine! What a jerk! Haha!

That's so awesome to hear about the new horse trailer! I miss camping so much! I hope you guys have fun. (Doubt it though, because, well let’s be honest, I’m not there!)

It's been good to hear from a couple friends too. If you're reading this, please keep sending me letters!

Now for the questions… thanks for being my brain mom, haha, very much needed.

Q) How is the teaching going for the 11 year old girl and her inactive mother?   and 13 year old girl you were talking about that is praying about baptism in your past letters?
A) The 11 year old girl is coming along great. She is still excited and still loves to read whatever we give her. She is awesome but kind of shy though.  The 13 year old girl is still just being stubborn and won't really give us a straight answer even though we know she has received her answer. It's kind of frustrating but we still have her set for March 5. We also taught her grandma who really loves the church but won't be baptized. We think there is something she is not telling us because she just keeps saying don't give up on me. Well we won't! We also have another person with a baptismal date! That makes 4 now!  She is 9 is set to be baptized on Feb 14. Valentines Day! We are having to bust our butts to try and teach her enough times to get her ready but I think we can do it.  We also taught a lesson to a lady that we tracted into who we committed to baptism but she has to quit smoking and I don't know how serious she is yet.  It is actually a funny story. We were tracting down this street and everyone was pretty much telling us no before we even talked, haha, but we came to her house and we told her who we were and asked her if she would like to hear a message about how families can be together forever and she goes, yeah sure.  Which threw Elder Gardner off, haha, he started like stumbling trying to figure out what to do next… but we finally got it together and scheduled a time for us to come back. Turns out she has six kids and wants to quit smoking and her husband wants her to quit too. Hopefully we can help her.  We have a 12 step program from the church that Elder Gardner is going to show me.

Q) Are you getting the dearelder.com letters I forward from Alan, Andrew, Isaac, and Brady?  Did you get one from Tyler G too?
A) I did get letters from Andrew, Isaac, and Tyler but not Alan’s or Brady’s. Maybe I will get them this week.  I love hearing from other people's missions. It helps a lot and is very interesting to me so keep them coming!

Q) Do you need more stamps, paper, envelopes?
A) More envelopes and stamps would be great.

Q) Are there a lot of people that attend church even though your town where you live is so small? 
A) Actually this week we probably had like 110 people there! Which is a ton usually there is probably like 80.  Our area is huge though. It takes like an hour to drive from one end to the other. So you'd think there would be a lot but everyone is just so spread out.

Q) Do you only go to 1 ward on Sundays or do you attend more?  Is it always the same ward?
A) There is only one ward in my area so I do only go to one ward. We always talk about how weird it would be to be in Salt Lake because they cover like multiple stakes, haha, and our area is probably 5 times bigger and we only have one ward.

Q) What is the place you are staying in like?  Nice? Old? Cute? Attached to members house or separate apt?
A) Our pad is awesome! We both have queen size beds, haha there were couple missionaries here before us. It is just behind the church, just a small one bedroom apartment but we have our own washer and dryer which is awesome. There are pics in the card I will be sending today.  We also have a garden, it's actually the wards garden but every Saturday we work in it.  I now understand why you guys don't have one! Haha

Q) Did you see any geckos or cockroaches?
A) We do have geckos, cockroaches and also centipedes which are apparently really painful.  Elder Gardner’s last comp got bit and couldn't even walk! So i check my shoes and bed every night! Haha

Thanks for praying for my success because it seems to be working.  We taught 22 lessons this week! Our goal was 20!  

Well I think that is all for this week.  Love you all. Again thanks for everything you do for me. Thanks for your support. I am trying to work hard and I am learning a lot :)

Elder Justin Tyler Bigbear Pincock
(weird to even write my first name now)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he's just doing amazing Vickie! What a true blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete