1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Woah! Mother's Day is this Week!

HAHAHAHA! That was the funniest letter ever that Skye wrote from long ago! Thanks for sending it. It pretty much made my day hahahahaha! 

Well first of all I will be calling on Mother's Day like right after church so 12:00 here, so I think like 4:00 there? So be ready!  It's gonna be kinda weird! I can't believe it's already Mothers Day next week!  

I got your package today Mom.  Thanks a lot! Haha… The Sing-a-ma-jig was the best part! And, of course, the P90x, thanks sooo much. The pictures were awesome too!  You guys are the best.  

Things are going pretty good this week.  We were able to find two new investigators.  One isn't very solid but is curious about the church and the other wants to get baptized but has a few situations that need to change first, much like everybody else here. So I guess we'll see what happens.  We have still been working through the less active/part member families this week.  We only have like 10 more on the ward list to go see.  We have been working pretty hard.  IT"S AWESOME! Elder Brown and I are working better together.  I don't really have any strange stories this week. We are still working with the other people who are trying to get to baptism that I told you about before but so many obstacles.  We hope their family members will help more to allow the baptisms to happen and really think of God's plan for us.  Some are really holding back their families from salvation! One of our newer members was supposed to receive the priesthood this past Sunday was unable to be there, so that was a little frustrating.  One girl we baptized a while ago is doing better but is not coming to church because her mom doesn’t bring her, but maybe she will feel the spirit and decide to go on her own soon.

Elder Toki is finally here!  He is awesome.  I'm really bummed that he took so long to get here because he is the best! Haha!  Way motivating and willing to work.  We finally got to set our goals for our district.  For the OYMs (open your mouth: pretty much just everyone we try to share the gospel with who is not a member) this week we were supposed to hit 50!  Which if you can remember I haven't done since Elder Gardner was here and we were so stoked when we hit it!   Lately we have been getting like 35-45 max!  Well guess what we got this week?!  61 Awesome!  We are still struggling to find people to teach, but it will come.  They are so close! I can feel it, except sad I might be going somewhere else in 2 weeks... That would be a bummer.  I love Ka'u.  I'm definitely coming back here when I am off my mission.  The people are so awesome.  Every day I just get closer and closer.  Some of them are like my family here, like Bishop Oyama and his family and Jerome's family and Makuakane's.  They are some of the coolest and loving people.  I Hope you guys get to meet them. 

Well that is all for today, I think.  Good luck with the home life.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Love you. 

TALK TO YOU FOR REALS ON SUNDAY!

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment