1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Am Flying Off This Island...

Hey everyone!

I was right, I'm a gonner.  I’M FLYING OFF THIS ISLAND but I don't know where until I get my ticket. so I will fill you in next week.  I'm sooo sad to leave this place.  Have I ever told you guys I love it here…Because I really do!  But life goes on I guess and well I'm in Hawaii so I'm gonna go somewhere cool haha!  It sounds like everyone at home seems to be doing well.  Thanks Dad and Skye for writing me, I will reply to them today if I have enough time.  That's a bummer about Ryan’s injury and not getting to serve a mission.

I have no idea who's feet those are in the picture.. haha.. I don't remember anyone who wears converse that would stop by and those other feet look like every girl I have ever seen haha so my guess will have to be.... I don't know! haha so you are going to have to give me more clues…

Well as for the work this week, we killed it! WE GOT 100 OYMS (street contacts) which is huge! Me and Elder Gardner only got to like 50 and we were absolutely stoked!  We don't have any with a baptismal dates but they will come.  Of course I leave when the work starts to pick up here.  I'm so bummed to leave. I am going to have to go say goodbye to everyone.  It really feels like leaving home again.  The mission IS Ka'u to me.  I don't even know what to think, haha except I will be back though. I'm excited to see where I go next though.  I think it will be Oahu but I'm hoping for Maui, that would be rad!

Well Today was pretty cool, we went to the national park in Volcano.  IT was awesome.  WE got to walk through a Lava tunnel.  At first we only went through the part that is lit up but towards the end it goes further and but nobody wanted to go because we didn't have flashlights.  But luckily we went to the visitors center and I found a flashlight and so Elder Davis, Toki, and Brown and I went back and went to the end! It was awesome. It goes like 600 feet back.  I have some pictures.  I will send them today.  Sorry I have been kind of faking you guys out with sending pictures but they will come today. 
I'm pretty bummed to leave Elder Davis and Elder Toki, they are so cool.  Hopefully I will serve with them a little while down the road. 

I can't really think of any stories other than that, sorry, not much more happened. I do want to share that I am so thankful for all of your support and so thankful that I could have the chance to Serve my Lord and Redeemer.  It is the least I could do for someone who gave his life to help me in any way possible.  I love Him very much and I know that He lives.  Just as I live and you live.  He is always there to help us we just have to humble ourselves and take the help.  We can't do this on our own nor were we expected to.  If we could, then why would He constantly offer His help.  He knows us better than anyone and has been through our personal struggles, pains, afflictions, and infirmties.  I also know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows  and loves me as well.  He knew exactly where and what time to put me in this life.  I'm so grateful that he put me in the family that I have.  It couldn't have been more perfect.  When I look at the big picture and why we are here and where we are going it just makes sense.  I'm so thankful for the clarity of mind that this Gospel gives me.  It is so simple.  Do what He asks and you will be happy.  I says these things in the sacred name of our Savior Jesus Christ Amen.  I love you all and again I am so grateful for the support and the help you guys provide me with.

Elder Pincock

P.S.  I'll see you in Maui, haha, just kidding (maybe)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is SO grown up!!! I can't believe it!! He's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete