1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, May 23, 2011

MAUI!!!

How did everyone guess Maui?  I had like 3 people guess that I would come to Maui! Is Cody Hawker here?! Where exactly is he?  I'm in Makawao, it is an awesome place.  It isn't a big city but I'm not way out in the boonies like I use to be in Ka’u.  I actually see other Elders and that's way weird.  I live in a four man pad.  My companion is Elder Tiakia (you say it like Siakia though).  He is from New Zealand and he is Poly so he is way funny and loves to do the work.  He has only been out one transfer longer than me so six weeks longer.  And I just passed my 5 month mark. (weird)

It is such nice weather here.  It's like 70 degrees every day and sunny.  The people are way nice,  I'm absolutely stoked to do the work here.  We still travel by car which is okay because at least we don't have to drive for hours to an appointment. One of the best parts is that Elder Vanhille, Elder Grover and Elder Katanuma from the MTC are in my zone! It's absolutely awesome.  I love those guys!  Oh and guess what else!  Elder Gardner (my first comp) is our Zone Leader!  He is awesome too.  He will be a great Zone Leader.  We talked for a while about Ka'u, he misses it a lot too.  That is awesome that Candice emailed you, she is the best, and I will be back to get my tie off of that pig on the wall! Haha

Now… as for our pad… I am a little disappointed… haha… no more queen size bed.  It's the top bunk for this guy now.  The pad is way smaller than the last one and pretty much all they eat are left overs which I am not a fan of so we went shopping today.  I went with Elder Allen.  He is from Kaysville.  He is a pretty cool guy.  He said he has 2-‘69 Camaro SS back home!  Jealous much!  Our District leader is Elder Austin and he is doing his best to keep everyone in order.  I am trying my best as well.
 
We baptized a girl named Kai (18) on Saturday.  Well her name is like 3 miles long but we just call her Kai.  She was stoked, it was really good to see someone so excited to be baptized.  She will be an awesome member.

Well, once again, I tell you all the church is true! I love it and I love sharing it.  You all need to make sure you are helping out the missionaries because missionary work doesn't happen without the members help.  Think about it… if you have any nonmember friends you should try to introduce them to the missionaries.

Well that is all.  I love you!

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment