1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Makawao Maui-Week 2!

Well it has been a very successful week in Makawao.  We met most of our goals and we have a baptism for on Friday and… He wants me to baptize him! He has known me for like a week, but I'm not complaining.  He is a really solid kid.  He is 14 and had been coming to scouts with a friend for a while then they asked him if he wanted to learn the lessons from the missionaries and it went forward from there. 

We also have another girl with a baptismal date.  She is about 10.  She really likes the gospel and likes to read and have the lessons but has a few challenges getting to church as she must rely on family or members to bring her. She is set to be baptized on the 25th.  She came to church last week with another member so hopefully she keeps coming.  We hope to help her family with the gospel too.
 
Well I think that's the progress as far as the work goes.  Me and Elder Tiakia are doing pretty good.  He likes to work which I am thankful for.  Our mission met Vision 100!  100 Baptisms in Hawaii for the month of May! Sweet! They want us to keep it going for June too.  We already have two baptisms lined up and we have a goal of 3 which I think we can do! 

I'm stoked to be here in Maui!  My zone is awesome.  My area is awesome.  The Members are awesome!  Our ward mission leader is also awesome.  He was just called a couple days after I got here but he was the ward mission leader in his last ward too, so he knows what he is doing.  He not only works/helps us and comes to our lessons but he even comes tracting with us! haha.  It was funny too because he would walk right up to the door in front of me and Elder Tiakia and pretty much yell "UNCLE", haha, if there was anybody in the house they had to have heard him, haha, it was pretty fun!  People in Hawaii call the older people Aunty or Uncle, even if you're not related.  I kinda like it because it is like everyone is family, except when I get called uncle then it just makes me feel old.. haha!

The End for this Week.

Elder Pincock (you can call me Bigbear) 

No comments:

Post a Comment