1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Gaining a Better understanding of what the Savior went through...

Hey what's up?  Sounds like a pretty good week.  Mom got to go a (scary? haha) mule ride, that’s pretty cool.  You have no idea how much I have wanted to ride lately... sooo weird, right?  Oh, by the way, I am still waiting for the uke... ugh... it's been like 4 weeks and yes it would be nice to have a tuner when I get it.  Can't wait to hear those cd's that you are sending.  I love listening to talks now and I haven't been able to for a really long time.
 
Oh and vacationing without me! haha just kidding.  It sounds like too many women in St G anyway.  I hope you guys have fun in that blistering hot sun while I'm in 75 degree Upcountry Maui... sorry I just had to throw that in there, haha!

The work here is going good.  It seems to be picking up.  We are having a lot more success tracting.  We recently started trying to pray for direction for the hour of tracting we do in every prayer we say throughout the day and it seems to help a lot.  We have found 5 new investigators in the last 2 weeks.  Still not quite sure how solid they are but we will see.  Joe is still as solid as ever and should be baptized on the 31st. Man, we love that guy.  We are like best buds.  We even have a secret hand shake.  Haha

I did have a few interesting experiences this week that you guys should enjoy so I will share one.  Don't worry it's not like the one last week, haha.  I will first start off by telling you that I now have a better understanding of what the Savior went through.  That is the positive that came out of it, haha. A couple of days ago I was on an exchange with Elder Allen and we decided to go see a guy that he and his comp had talked to the day before who said they should come back sometime.  So we get to his house and start walking up the stairs to his deck and he comes out and says "hey guys I just got out of the emergency room but I hear that you guys were here the other day and you scared my mom and she said she heard you swearing and do not try to deny it!"  Me and Elder Allen are extremely confused at this point and just stare at him, haha and he starts getting really mad and swearing at us and stuff and Elder Allen said, “we didn't swear or anything like that” and he starts yelling "are you calling my mom a liar?"  And Elder Allen being as confused as I was at this point says "yes..." and let’s just say that the guy didn't like that very much so he started screaming at us now and saying many, many swear words telling us to get out of here over and over, so we turn around to get out of there and the guy hits Elder Allen in the back of the head!  And starts swearing at him again so I stepped up to him and he ran back up the stairs like a little girl (sorry that might have been mean) so we just said it's not worth it so we started walking back to the car, and of course he follows us still swearing some more, so I finally turn back to try and calm him down and tell him we are leaving and he SPITS IN MY FACE!  It took everything I had not to knock this guy out!  But once again Elder Allen, who is taking this surprisingly calm, says it's not worth it, so we just got in the car and left.  Talk about ruin the spirit, haha but then I thought of the Savior and how he went through the same thing and I was quickly humbled. So that was the experience of the week. 

I also went to dinner with a member and they fed me 1000 year old egg!  It's not really 1000 years old but that what they call it because they cook it and just let it sit forever and then do something to it that makes it turn black and dark green... gross...  I also ate a salted duck egg... it stunk way bad and was also way nasty.  I won’t need to do that again. Haha
 
Well that's my week, it was nice hearing from you.  Love you all. 

The church is true and if you don't believe it try it!

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment