1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm a Trainer!

So we got transfer notices last night and Elder Tiakia is leaving!  He was so bummed.  He didn't want to leave but he is going to Oahu which is his favorite island so he is excited about that.  I'm actually kind of bummed also.  Even though some things were tough with him we still got pretty close.  He really is a good guy.  Oh and Elder Austin our district leader is leaving too. So the two greenies are staying.  Me and Elder Allen. 

As for me, It's a boy!  I am training!  Holy crap! What is the Lord thinking, haha, I feel like I barely know how to do things myself let alone help someone else learn, haha.  Although, I guess if the Lord says I can do it then I can do it.  I absolutely knew it was going to happen though, I don't know why but these last couple weeks I have just had a feeling that Tiakia was leaving and I was going to be training.  So when we got the call and Elder Tiakia got the notice that he was leaving I knew it was coming.  So the next morning I got the call from President.  He just told me I have to be the best I can be and be strictly obedient.  I'm a little nervous.  When we got the call I just started shaking.  I'm not really sure why.  It's all good though.  Well that's the big news! 
As far as the work is going, still a little slow.  Our baptism had to cancel because his dad wanted to talk to him and make sure he knew the commitment he was getting into which is good but kind of frustrating a little bit.  He is still solid so I don't think there will be a problem and I think he will be baptized in 2 weeks.   We are also teaching a lady.  I don't think I told you about her.  She has been taught by the missionaries for over a year now, she has a great testimony.  She would be an awesome member if she could get baptized but I'm not sure that will happen anytime soon, but the Lord can do whatever he wants so who am I to question that…she is a super cool lady.

Well that's what's up with me for this week.  It sounds like you guys have had a good week.  Mom, I hope you have fun at girls camp.  They will love you because I’m pretty sure it's impossible to not love you, just like I told you, my friends love you after only talking to you for a few minutes, haha.  I haven't got a letter from Candice in Ka’u lately. Just that one at the beginning of the transfer.  Maybe I'll write her one and see how she is doing.
 
Tell Bro Parkinson that I'm great and said hi, and to tell Ian congrats on his Relief Society calling hahaha!
Is Bill Beifus still here? At least he got a good report from someone, haha I wonder which elder he talked to...

OH MY GOSH I almost forgot to tell you a super weird experience I had this week!  Do you guys remember Michelle Miller? She came to my pad the other day and talked to the Pukalani elders (elder allen, elder austin)  and she told them she was from Highland so Elder Allen asked if she knew me and she was like YES! haha so they called me and I talked to her for a while, haha, I think she called Sierra on the phone and I said hi to Sierra too!
 
Well that is my week.  Ofa atu and mahalo nui loa!  haha That's two different languages but that's ok. sounded cool right?

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment