1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Aloha Kakahiaka!

Hey everyone!

It has been a crazy week.  I haven't done much missionary work because on Tuesday we went to the doctors and Elder Workman was told he had to go to the ER to get his appendix out! Crazy, right! We were at the Hospital from like 6pm to like 1:30am (it was weird being up that long on a mission). I was with the Zone Leaders, Elder Davis and Elder Gardner.  We just had to hang out until they came out and told us what was up.  When we finally got home I stayed with them for a couple days.  Then we went to pick up Elder Workman and take him to a members house where he would be staying.  It was the nicest house in Maui, I'm pretty sure.  All of us were wanting to now take out our appendixes, haha.  He was pretty much treated like a king there, haha, and meanwhile I was at our pad working with the Pukalani Elders (Elder Savage, Elder Allen) and just kickin’ it with them for a couple days.  Elder Workman was able to come back to our pad on Saturday.  He is still got some pain but he is probably one of the toughest guys I know.  He didn't even want to go to the doctor to see what was wrong even though he was in horrible pain! Haha.  Now he is still recovering, which is okay because we will take it easy for a couple days and I have a cold so it’s all good.  President Dalton even flew over just to see him and to make sure he was ok.  He is pretty much the dad of 200 kids.  He's so awesome!  

I'm doing ok for shirts and stuff for now but I think I will need some new ones soon.  I will let you know.  Hopefully it isn't because they are too small, haha. 

That mule ride you guys went on looks like a real pretty place.  I wish I could ride so bad sometimes.  I have only seen one mule here and I am tempted to go over there and tell them I will train it if they will listen to the missionary lessons, haha.
 
Roy is that really reeaaallly big guy at the gym right?  I remember him! I didn't even know he was a member.  That would be cool to hear his conversion story! 

I haven't heard from Tyler in a while.  Hopefully I will hear from him soon!
 
That was probably way weird for you mom not to go to register someone for school, haha.  I could just picture you asking to take someone elses kid and helping them to get registered! Haha, maybe you should just be a counselor there, you would be the best counselor ever at school!
 
The movie night was... well, honestly only mediocre at best, we didn't have any investigators and only a few members came.  Pukalani had a couple investigators though, so it was good for them.  We are planning another one on the 10th, I think.  Hopefully it goes better than the last one.

I'm pretty stoked for the birthday package! Transfers are like 3 weeks from now so I might open it early.  We will see, haha!
 
Oh I almost forgot to tell you about this bounty hunter guy we ran into.  We were knocking doors in Pukalani's area and we found this guy who is a less active member and we later figured out he is a bounty hunter and knows like everyone.  I talked to Keith Barton, the lawyer from Utah, on the phone.  He told me to convert him, haha.  He was kind of a funny, he kept telling us how much money he made in a year and about his hummer and Harleys.  He offered to get us a helicopter ride but we aren't allowed to.

Well, this is all for now and I will talk to you next week. 

The church is true and it is proven to me every day.  I love this gospel and love being a missionary.  Everyone should do all you can to find missionary opportunities because it is the most rewarding work in the world. 

Love you.  See ya!

Elder Bigbear Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment