1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello! I Still Love Molokai!

Hey everyone… It has been an awesome week this week.  Pretty cool you googled the mule riding place here…the other elders went there without us today because the member that owns it only could take 2 at a time.
I did get the package! Thanks! Oh and just thought I would tell you this little story…The Zot candy almost killed me because I bit it and that stuff exploded from the inside of it like lava in my mouth and I almost choked… haha!  I forgot to tell you that I loved that tribute cd that you gave me, it is awesome and didn't leave me and Elder Workman’s CD player for like 4 weeks before I left Maui. Thanks!
Well… We almost met all of our goals for this week.  We were one short on our lessons with a member.  ONE SHORT! But the ward temple trip was this week so we did pretty good considering not many people were on the island.  It always makes me feel bad when people talk about the temple trip here because they have to do like a year of planning and saving just to go there for a week...  I could have walked to our temple...  I definitely took that for granted.  Our 4 baptisms got pushed back because of a funeral that day but I'm not sure when yet, it will still be this month though.  We have 3 others with a date so I still think we are going to reach our goal.  We are just focusing on being as obedient as possible and working our butts off! I love it!  It is way better when we are busy then when we don't have anyone to teach.  Molokai is also nice because we pretty much have to be done at like 7:30pm because everyone goes to bed way early, haha.  So we get some good rest here.  One of our investigators did set a date for her wedding too, which is awesome!

You were talking about Bronson how he was listening to Doug Stone yesterday… well wanna know something weird?  That song “love grows best in little houses”  randomly came into my mind yesterday, haha and I was going to ask you who sang that song, I couldn’t remember, haha so thanks.  I have been missing country music a lot lately, one of the members in our ward (who is kind of a cowboy) was telling me about all of the county western artists he knows.  So now I also have had Glen Cambell's, "Gentle on my mind" stuck in my head too for this week, haha.  It sounds like Bronson is doing well and that we were probably thinking the same thing at the same time this week!  I miss and love you guys so much but I have been trying not to think about it because there is a ton of work for me to do here, which helps.  It sounds like Skye and Ty's business is going pretty well too!  That's awesome. Make sure to tell them hi for me next time you see them and that  I miss coming and kickin’ it at their house every now and again, haha.  I'm so grateful to have a sister that it so supportive and such a good example of what I should be, she was always there to keep me company or to invite me with her if I didn't have anyone to hang out with.  I'm also grateful for Ty too and for how much he cares for her.  Tell them all that I love them.  Well this is another short one but not much different  happened this week.  We are doing awesome and I love it here.  It feels so good to see hard work pay off.

Love you guys,
Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment