1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hiked to Kalapapa!!

Hey everyone!  I made it back in time to email! Today we hiked down to Kalapapa, the leper colony, and we didn't think we were going to make it back in time but I kicked my butt so I could! haha We made it back at like 3:30.  The other elders did it last week and didn't make it back until 5, so feeling pretty good about myself, haha.  We weren't able to ride the mules.  I was pretty sad about that.  Man I miss that so much.  Just seeing the huge mule train there brings back some pretty good memories.  The hike was crazy.  It goes pretty much straight up a cliff.  We got down to the little town and we took a bus tour of it.  It was pretty cool, and is awesome to say that I did it!  You can only go down there by invitation and luckily one of the members owns it, so we got hook ups, of course.  We took a tour of the churches and stuff... well except the LDS church wasn't part of the tour but the bus driver was nice and drove past it. 
Now to answer some of your questions… we stay with members in their basement and it is awesome! It's so nice.  Both companionships even have our own bathrooms and it was just remodeled so it's really nice.  I will send pics soon.  We have an awesome view of the ocean, its right outside the window above my desk!  We do have a washer but no dryer just lines.  I still haven't had to use the ironing board yet, haha but we will see.  We do have a car.  Our area is actually pretty big.  As for my ukulele skills, they are becoming keen.  haha Except I still don't know many songs I just have been messing around making up stuff.  Our teaching is going awesome! I think we taught over 20 lessons this week again.  We are still working really hard but despite of it all one of our investigators, who had a baptismal date, didn't come to church again, so we had to drop the date and won’t be baptized in October.  We may still reach our goal though.  We are working so hard to not let anyone fall through the cracks.  Elder Davis and I are doing really well as a companionship.  He is really humble and loves everyone.  We are so grateful for everyone's prayers and help.  President came and interviewed us and was very pleased with our work.  Pretty much all he told us was to keep it up and to not give up.  
Wow, I can't believe Jam is engaged! Why have I not received a wedding invitation, haha, that's so funny because she was sure that she wouldn't be, haha.  Congratulations to her!  Tell Tyler that is the same picture I have hanging up here (well not exactly but taken from the same day), haha.  I love those pics, let them all know that I miss them all!  I know I say this lately but I felt the trunkiest, with the seeing the mules and some pics, even of snow! Someone showed me a pic of snow in AF canyon! Snowboarding!  
I love you guys so much, but don't worry because I love Molokai and they take pretty good care of me here, haha.  And….I really wish you guys could taste the Molokai bread.  It's the best. 
I haven't finished Jesus the Christ yet because I stopped reading for a while but I am starting up again and I look forward to reading it every night.  Weird, right?  I highly recommend you join in reading it too.  It helps if you understand the bible stories though so I am reading them at the same time.
Elder Bigbear Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment