1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Transfer Calls Last Night....

We are all staying another transfer!! haha Even Elder Maybon.  He will have been here 7 1/2 months after this.  He was ready to go but is still excited to stay a little longer.  Man it has been a crazy week.  We had another baptism and confirmation!  So we have 5 new members for this month, our goal of 7.  President is holding us to a high standard now too because this last month was so successful ...   I hope we can keep it up.  The ward keeps working hard with us, they are awesome. 

I gave a talk in Sacrament.  It went alright but ended up being a little short, I talked on the Atonement.  I used Alma 7:11-13.  That is one of my favorite scriptures about the atonement because it lets us know that it wasn't just for our sins that he suffered for us but for everything even a bad thought or a time that we have felt wronged.  I also wanted to use Mosiah 14:5 Which is another scripture that I love.  Elder Davis' was good too.  He talked on remembering Christ.  There was a former missionary visiting here this week too so with the extra time they just had her come up and bear her testimony.  It was good and made me think of when I come back as a normal person, haha.  I'm stoked for that. 

On Saturday we had a huge Halloween party wih the ward and pretty much the island of Molokai, haha.  There was a ton of people there.  It was a trunk or treat plus a pot luck and there was a desert contest and a chili contest.  It was awesome.  Oh and guess who won 2nd place in the dessert contest...  ELDER PINCOCK AND ELDER DAVIS!  Haha  with what you ask?  It was graham cracker brownies but with peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge on top.  It was awesome!  It tasted like snickers.  They also had a little spook ally for the kids and of course I had to go in.  There was a huge line and it made me think of when we used to go to the haunted houses in Utah.  I really miss those.  Tyler said there is a new one?  Did any of you go to it?  Was it good? 

Our teaching this week was kind of down.  We didn't have a lot of lessons but we were busy with baptisms, ward members, and other ward activities so we didn't get much new this week but it's all good.  It was a good week for fellowship in the ward.

Hey I get to talk to you guys on the phone soon!  SWEET!  It's kind of weird that I am approaching my second Christmas as a missionary.  Man, I have really been craving some Christmas music lately.  You should send me some.  Oh and guess what... I lost the dvd player...  It might have been stolen.  I'm hoping I just left it at a members house.  I'm pretty bummed about that. 

Well, I love you guys.  I love this Gospel.  I love Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.  I'm so glad to be sealed to my family.  I miss you guys so much.  

Elder Pincock

P.S.  Those Costume pictures were awesome!  Me and Elder Davis just switched tags this year. Haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment