1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Elder Mavae from Tonga, My New Companion


July 17, 2012
Hey everyone.  Sorry i didn't email yesterday.  We had a long day.  We had to take Elder Mavae (my new comp) to the dentist for a root canal (i guess you were doing the same thing haha) and we ended up having to go to 3 dentists office.  The first was the wrong one so then we went next door and that was the right place but then they ended up not being able to help us so then they sent us to Kaneohe which is on the other side of the island so we were gone all day.

Well Waianae is way cool.  There are a lot of awesome people as well as a lot of crazy ones.  Like this one lady we ran into on the street.  Her name was Lota and she was from germany.  She was super old and we started talking to her and she saw our name tags.  For some reason seeing "Jesus Christ" on our tags reminded her of this song that she decided to sing to us...  "In heaven there is no beer.  That's why we have to drink it here.  Because if we don't drink it here, Then everyone else will drink our beer!" haha  That made my day, haha. 
I'm pretty excited to work here though.  There seems to be alot of potential.
Elder Mavae is my new comp and he is from Tonga.  He's awesome.  Elder Davis actually trained him and i just took his spot here so that was kind of cool.  Our pad is super junky and hot haha.  There is no A/C and it is burning in Waianae.  Our bathroom sink has been ripped out of the wall somehow.  i will send pics soon.  And I got out of the shower the other day and put my towel up to my face and i got swarmed with all these red ants.  They were like biting my face and then i realized that they weren't just on my face... So that wasn't my favorite day haha but the good thing is i am still in a car so i have AC in there.  This also means that i will have been in a car area my whole mission.  Except when i go on exchanges with my district.  That's going to be super hot.  i might die. This is a more sketchy part of town but it's not really that bad.  the beach is right on the main road and it is killing me.  but it's alright.  i can hold off for a few more months.

     
So skye finds out the gender next month!  This is going way too fast haha.  Well i love you guys.  Thanks , Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment