1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Our Investigator helped us teach

July 2, 2012
How's it going? The house is starting to look good. I'm stoked to see it. man it seems like a couple weeks ago dad was sad because he couldn't do much work because it was too cold outside. Now it is forest fire season. That's kind of a bummer. So skye's not doing so good this week. I hope she feels better soon. She's always in my prayers. Lynette is getting married. That's awesome. Well sort of... i thought i might be able to be there for it haha guess not. That's ok. Tell her i said congratulations.
This week was good. it was just a normal week though. We did teach a new investigator and had a weird experience. We ended up teaching her at a park and we were just sitting on the wall teaching about the plan of salvation and then all of the sudden this Jehovah's witness comes up. He was like 70 and just wanted to jump in and teach us his way of thinking. I admired him for his boldness haha We let him do his thing and then he left and what he said actually kind of helped us teach our investigator the right things. So we start teaching again and then his wife comes back and interrupts again and gives elder earl an invitation to one of their big meetings or something. She leaves and we start teaching again. The guy comes back again... and starts talking to us about adam and eve and how it is their fault that we are here and if it weren't for them Jesus wouldn't have had to die for us. We did our best to fend him off pretty much but he was very persistent. What was really funny was our investigator actually started helping us a little bit haha. She was asking him questions that was making him think. She is so solid! He finally said enough and left. That was a first for me. I had never had them come interrupt my lesson before haha.

Transfers are next week. I am pretty sure i am leaving. And i also heard they are giving waipiolani ward their own set of missionaries. That should be good.

Well it was good to hear from you. I will talk to you later. I love you guys.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment