1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

I am working on Faith



June 11, 2012

Howzit! Glad you enjoyed the package and the camera card haha. Man i have some more funny ones that you will have to wait for on the next card. the other 2 elders in those videos were Elder Copier (manning the slingshot) and Elder Brough. My shoes are size 8. They have seen better days haha. THey have lasted pretty long for only 10 dollar shoes. I'm not sure if i will stay on Oahu for a while or not. I'm hoping I'll go off island one more time. Kauai is the last island and then i have gone to pretty much all of them. That cabin is pretty sweet. And Max looks like an old man now. He's not a puppy anymore. and yes that was pearl harbor.

Well this week was kind of slow. We are trying to get the members to get excited about missionary work because we haven't really had any referrals. We have had some success from tracting but those people don't usually go anywhere. We are thinking of ways that we can get all of the families do a little bit a missionary work every week. We are giving them this paper that has 131 ways to do missionary work and we are asking them to make a day of the week "missionary day" where they do something from the list and then report on it in family home evening. Hopefully it works. We are also trying to get the 15 names list going still. We are trying to follow up more often about it with the members of the ward council. Mililani 1st ward is getting excited but Waipiolani is a different story so we are going to have to work with them.

That is pretty much our week. haha I been trying to figure out why my whole mission i haven't been one of those missionaries who baptizes a ton. I do get baptisms when i have a good companion or just a good area but i don't feel like i have been that missionary that everyone looks at and says he's a baptizing missionary. So i have been trying to figure out why and it is because i have not involved the members enough. I read a talk today by M. Russel Ballard. He was talking about how there are no bad areas just bad missionaries pretty much. sometime people will say i'm having a slow time because it is a hard area and that sometimes you just have slow times. This is wrong for the most part. Usually it is because i'm not doing something that I could be doing. I haven't had a baptism since i have been in mililani yet which bugs me. And even though everyone says it's a "slow area" there is a lot a potential. I just think there is a lack of faith which i am working on and now we just have to get the members to realize that.

Well everything is going well here. Love you guys.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment