1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Oahu is Way Different


May 28, 2012
Man Ian Parkinson is back already?... Wow!  It sounds like you had a good lesson with your young women, mom.

Well this week has been pretty good.  So the lady that we found last
week when we were trying to find a member (it was the wrong address
for the member in our area book but we talked to the lady that lived
there and she agreed to take lessons) now has a baptism date for July
14.  She is a little skeptical but she is will be alright I think.

She is really nice and would be an awesome member.  She just doesn't
like that she can't drink coffee if she becomes a member.  We just
need to help her realize the blessings that come from keeping the word
of wisdom.

We also found another kid who is 18 last week and we taught him and he
got a baptism date and everything but we had to hand him over to the
zone leaders because they cover the singles ward.  It's alright though as long as he gets baptized.


Transfers were yesterday.  Nothing really happened.  Our zone is going
to be almost the same except for the missionaries who are going home.
(Elder Lodder, Elder Lapena)  Elder Gardner goes home in 12 weeks (2
transfers).


We are getting to know the members a little better.  I have the worst
memory so it takes me a while but I am a lot better now.  Oahu is way
different.  I'm still not quite use to it.  It's alright though.  The
wards are good.


I'm not sure yet if there is any celebration or not for Memorial day.
There has got to be something.  Things are going good here though.  The work is starting to move.  We are way busier than when I got here so that is way nice.  Thank you for everything.  Always good to hear from you.
 
Elder Pincock
 
PS.  There are no guitars at Costco here until Christmas time, so I probably won’t get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment