1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

I am being transferred to Waianae


July 9, 2012

Hey family. I can't believe i'm emailing already haha. That was one of the fastest weeks ever. Well i found out that i'm being transferred. Elder Earl is the new district leader. His new companion is someone that came out with me. Elder earl is freaking out a little bit. I'm going to Waianae i think which is kind of more country side so i'm pretty stoked. I am still the District Leader over there too.

Tell Lindsey and Mitch and Jace and Jade i said congratulations on the little guys. haha That's exciting.

This week I was able to go to a sweet training from Elder Allen who is a 70 over missionary work or something. He talked a lot about The Doctrine of Christ. Mostly about how to help our members understand it because if they understand it then that will help them see the importance of missionary work. The Doctrine of Christ is faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. It was cool because he told us whenever we are prompted to write something down that we are going to change or revelations that we receive we had to raise our hands. It was cool to see everyone's hands flying up throughout the meeting. It was also helpful because if I missed something people would raise their hands and it would help me to pick it up. He was really good. And super funny too. All the Assistants, Zone Leaders, and District leaders were there. It was like zone conference for just the leaders. I had 4 pages of notes from this training.

We also had a mini missionary this week. We didn't know we were going to get one until like Wednesday and we got him on Thursday. He ended up being pretty cool and he said he learned a lot. His name was Elder Kamimoto. He was with us until Sunday. It was cool because Elder Earl and him knocked on his cousin's door while i was at the training on Friday and she is a Less active and her husband isn't a member. They taught her and I think they are going to go back again next week. That was pretty cool.

Well that was my week. It has been an awesome time, although hard, serving in Mililani. Our zone was awesome. I'm excited to go to Waianae. It is pretty sketchy over there I hear though. I think I will actually be taking Elder Davis' place.

I love you guys. Talk to you later.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment