1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandements unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Set a Goal


July 23, 2012
So Isaac is coming home!  That's pretty cool.  Tell him I said congratulations.  Well I am doing great.  I love this area and my companion is awesome.  He has only taught me a few words in tongan.  Him and Elder Mafi (remember him? he was in Molokai with me) just talk in Tongan all the time and I feel so confused and out of the loop haha.  It's alright though.  We have a baptism this weekend for one of our investigators.  She is a 9 year old that they found while teaching her friend who also got baptized.  i'm pretty stoked.  I need to figure out if Trina from Mililani got baptized.  I didn't hear anything yet.  I hope she did. There is a lot of potential here.  I have set a personal goal that i will have 2 baptisms every month.  The challenge may be getting the Makaha elder's excited about the work.  They haven’t seemed as motivated to do the work.  Hopefully I will be able to help them to catch the vision if you will haha.  There is a lot of potential in both wards though.  The other day we were trying to find someone and we stopped at this house and knocked on the door and a lady came out.  We talked to her for a little bit and she ended up being the wrong person haha but we asked her if we could come back and she seemed pretty interested and actually is really good friends with the bishop's wife.  So later we talked to Sis Velosco (bishops wife) and they said that they have been someone they have been thinking about.  I guess they have been having some hard times and so she is going to invite them to dinner or something.  So we will see how that goes but she seemed pretty solid. 
 
That’s pretty cool about Teltom’s EFY song.  I want to hear it.  Tell Ian i said what’s up and that I’m hanging on to these last 5 months like my life depends on it.  Which it does a little bit haha. 

I feel like your closings are a lot like my baptisms haha maybe if I get 2 a month you guys will be successful as well haha.  I'm not sure what I want for my birthday but I will think about it. 

Well that is all I can think of for now.  I love you guys.  Talk to you later.
Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment